It can be confusing as to which word you use for asking questions. I hope that I help to make it easy for you to understand, the diffidence between the words.
Where – is used to ask about the location of a place, person, or thing.
- Where is the store?
- Where is your mother?
- Where do you live?
When – is used to find out about the time, day or date
- When are you coming to visit?
- When are we going to finish school?
- When do you finish work?
Why – is used when you want a reason something happened
- Why do we have to do our homework?
- Why do I have to clean my room?
- Why are we going to school on Saturday?
- See more at: http://www.english-the-easy-way.com/Confusing_English/What_When_Why.html#sthash.G1AvlLpY.dpuf