Dead wood – people in a group, work place, government or organization that are not needed anymore or don't really do anything
- There is a lot of dead wood in the government. People get paid, and they don't do anything.
- We have to get rid of the dead wood that works in the company. There are some people that get a pay check to sit around and do nothing.
- The university has a lot of dead wood. I would like to see them retire.
- Do you think there is dead wood in the local housing orgainiztion?
- The company can save a lot of money, if they got rid of the dead wood.
- I work with a lot of dead wood. I wish the boss would find them something to do.
- See more at: http://www.english-the-easy-way.com/Idioms/Dead_Wood.html#sthash.pcNdPT9a.dpuf